Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lord of the Greens

I stopped off at Walgreens yesterday to get some money of all things. As I walked in, the usual fiasco. 3 registers, 1 fajated cashier and 1 long line. I disgustingly made my way to the end of the line. I scoped out the gum section to try and figure out what $1.07 purchase I can make to get $20 cash back. I know. Doublemint gum. For the hot chicks in the commercials.

After about 5 minutes and no progress, I see this Hobbit looking lady to the right of me trying to do the gidge. I am really not in the mood for any shenanigans so I tell her "Hey, this is a line" ... in my get the fuck in the back of the line tone. She looks at me says "thank you" and walks past me....then she says "I'm not blind!!" behind my back.

I didn't turn around because whats the point. But I'm pretty sure if I would have yelled "IMIGRA" that potato-faced bitch would have split with the quickest. And I remember what she looked like because I recalled being startled by her initially and thinking, "Ugghhh, don't touch me".

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I rolled out 15 minutes later and I had to maneuver out of another architectural masterpiece. Since I was pretty grossed out, I roared out of the extremely narrow parking lot, thinking, "I don't give a fuck". I proceeded to weave thru the following traffic:

1) Parked car pulling out
2) Car entering lot
3) Car coming around the bend.
4) 3 pedestrians

Horns blaring, I made it thru unscathed, although one of the pedestrians shot me a glare as he scampered out of the way. "Fuck off geriatrics," I thought. Onward to a rushed lunch and then back to misery. Oh, I'm sorry, I meant work. Unitl next time, peace. I'm out...




2 comments:

  1. Walgreens is horrible. Hellish lunchtime that sounds oh so familiar. I think I was in line with Hobbit-lady at an ATM recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things really can't get any worse at any Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Publix, etc...they're all the same to the sterling workforce associated with these places. Do as little work as possible but annoy the customers as much as possible....

    ReplyDelete