Monday, February 16, 2009

Passwords, passwords & more fucking passwords

I realized today that I have like 30 passwords. At least 10 at work and easily 20 at home. Sometimes, I have to use two passwords to get into one program. What sucks is that for every program, there are different reqs.
Your password must be between 6 - 10 characters...
Your password can be no longer than 12 characters & must have a letter...
Your password must be changed in 3 days...
Your password this, your password that...uuuuuggggghhhhh.....

Obviously, we all try to use something we can remember but when one has 10 different passwords in 10 variations, its easy to mix them up. And eventually, even the system you're using rejects the new password because its been used before, its too similiar to the last one or whatever other ridiculous reason for rejection. The worst is when you change your password and a week later, you have to change it again. The irony is that they're supposedly for security purposes but everyone has cheat sheets.
I wonder why?? Hhmmmmmmmmmm.............. Oh, I know.....TOO MANY FUCKING PASSWORDS!!!!!

I am currently using my old D&D character names. Back from the dead is the infamous kick-ass ranger Tobin. Let's see someone figure that shit out. And when they finally do, good luck finding out which website its for. I have no idea. Thats why I have a cheat sheet. All I know is that this password mania is almost like a job in itself. And I already have one sucky job to despise, I don't need another one.

Good luck losing a password. Then you have to call one of these places and deal with shitty customer service (local or international, doesn't matter) and the usual battery of questions: SS#, DOB, address, M/F, Ht, Wt,
gay, straight and the best part....the secret password in case you lost the other password. I'll give you my password............ s-u-c-k-m-y-b-a-l-l-s.....

Here's hoping no one has to change passwords for a while. Well, that's false hope for me. I'm pretty sure I remember one of my 50 work passwords today saying "password must be changed within 4 days."
I think I'm going to hurl. Until next time, peace. I'm out...

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. Work password bullshit is the worst. If anybody did crack my company's firewall and then the passwords on my PC, all they would find is the cure for insomnia, cause that shit is BORING as fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have 2 passwords that i use....one for work related crap....and one for everything else.
    if someone figures them out, they can get into anything of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear Hear
    When are they going to come up with another method. Fingerprint recognition, Iris recognition. Anything except for this fucking password crap!!!!

    ReplyDelete