Saturday, February 7, 2009

Some mornings really suck....

These events take place Tuesday between 8:30AM & 10:30 AM.....
Thats my really bad 24 impression.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that my hot water was not working........again. I take scalding hot showers and I really enjoy them. So, a day and a half later, I'm fucking miserable. I do not shower today
(fucking gross!!) and go about my menial early morning ritual of getting ready for work and head out. It's a yucky, dreary rainy morning. Anyway, I survive the daily commute through Death Alley (I-95) and arrive at work.

How come it is that whenever I wear my better shoes, or in this case, my brand new shoes, it's a fucking miserable day. Also take into consideration that I'm parking in the rock pits from hell. As I pull into work, I immediately notice major puddles of water. Great, welcome to your life, new shoes. I do my best to find a dry spot and I proceed to pull into a partially dry space.

Unfortunately for me, I have 14 things I'm carrying with me. Some home owners insurance paperwork, my little duffel bag with 4 water bottles, a magazine and other crap I can't even remember at this point. As I open the car door, I hear something fall. Blloooop!!.....Thats not good," I think....... FUCK!!!! Its my recently purchased, no contract, cell phone. AAGGGHHH!!!! I whip everything in my arms back in the car and step into the puddle (sorry new shoes) and retrieve the cell. For clarification, it was immersed in water for about 5 seconds. At this point, I'm pretty disgusted. I just got this piece of shit phone temporarily until I can get the one I want. And I'm already needing another one??!!! I'm hating life right about now.

I haul ass upstairs, get to my desk and proceed to do a Macgyver and take the cell apart. Amazingly enough, I take it apart competently, dry some shit (I don't know what the fuck I'm doing) and put it back together. Well, long story short, the phone continued to work but I guess the backlight got damaged because I can barely see anything on the phone. I deserve it for being a fucking dickhead in the firt place. To make matters worse, when I call the landlord about the hot water problem, he tells me some bullshit story about how his guy is out of town and it might take a few days to get it fixed because he doesn't really want to call someone out and have to pay them.

If it wasn't for the fact that I've been living in FL. for 12 years, I wouldn't believe the last thing I just wrote. But believe it, that's what he said. It is now 10:30 Am. Since I am at work, I can't just start screaming at the top of my lungs or smashing shit. So, I sit at my desk, with my head buried between my arms, thinking, "This morning officially sucks."

Until next time, peace. I'm out....

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to report, not that you give a shit, that even though my job sucks, I have plenty of paved parking to choose from very close to my building. Oh, and Unlike Sugarking, I can go out for lunch.

    ReplyDelete