Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slow time & the lame duck

Pink Floyd has this song called Time(off of the Darkside of the Moon Album), the song has a long intro that sounds like a ton of clocks ticking away, getting louder and louder.......while it is a very cool intro, that is the sound I hear everyday in head lately at work.

You see, about a week and half ago I gave notice at my job. And 'by notice' I mean that I told them they can only torture me for another 2 weeks then I am onto (what I hope will be) greener pastures. Needless to say, I have been hating my job for quite a while and every second spent here drags.......but ever since I gave them my notice, time has been moving in fucking super slow motion. I hear every second tick in my head.....and the tick and tocks just get louder in my head.

Everything angers me more now in this 'lame duck' work existance I am in. To those who do not know, I am in the Auto industry, trying to sell cars. On Tuesday, this old bag comes in to check out some cars. She has no fucking clue what she wants.....she was probably close to seventy years old, and her husband was another fossil with a cane and a long ZZ Top type beard. She turned to him and said "Howard" (but she pronounced it 'how-wed')"Do we like heated seats? I don't know if we like heated seats. Does little Susie's car have heated seats? I can't remember....maybe I will like it. Do I have to learn how to use it? If it gets too hot, will it burn?" Then the How-wed the fossil replis, "I can't remember if little Susie's car has heated seats. I think her first car had them, but I am not sure....should we call her on the phone?" At that moment. I wanted to take a shotgun and blast both of their heads off. Boom! Headshot! Boom! Headshot!

I do not want to go on a test drive, I do not want to negotiate prices, I do not want to explain how not making your payments makes your credit worse, I do not want to keep explaining how having a bankruptcy and a repo on your credit report is a negative, and I could give a shit if little Susie's car has heated seats.
I hate being a 'lame duck' at work as it has made the final two weeks that much more grueling.....but at least I will not be here on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats bro!! You so deserve to get away from that shit. I would of blown my own fucking head dealing with old fucking people. Just think, you will never have that old geezer smell on your hands anymore, or that asshole friend at work who is always talking shit about. How fucking awesome is that??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A REMEDY says:
    "Man with clouded mind will not be happy anywhere"
    But good luck on your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, his new job will probably suck also, but at least he will be off on Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A REMEDY says:
    "Man with Saturdays off, spends more time with family, then not so happy."
    But it's always nice to have rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to know I'm not the only that despises his job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its funny....someone at the old job mentioned that my wife will have more time to hate me....

    ReplyDelete