Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dream Crusher...

I woke up this morning and I had a dream. I thought, man I'm going to relax all day.

I got out of work last night at about 9:45 PM (not a normal occurrence) but nontheless, that still sucked. Especially, due to co-worker irresponsibility and inefficiency. If not for this, I probably would have finished at 7:30 - 8:00, but I digress. Then I had to trek about another half hour to meet my buddy at the 420 club. Hung for a bit to unwind. So after driving throughout S. Florida, I finally get home. A sixpack later, its 1:30AM. I think to myself, tomorrow, I'm going to seriously chill. Not to be such a pussy, I've had an extremely tiring week with work (which I'm starting to hate) and life.

I wake up today and I'm pretty exhausted. Queen Succubus had told me her parents were coming over today, which is fine. Her dad, who happens to be a super cool dude, was coming over to put together some cast iron little patio set, which we have been lugging arund for 10 YEARS. Yeah believe it. Hey, makes me fucking ecstatic. Less money to burn on shit I could give a crap about. About noon, I ordered a pie, which I proceeded to scarf down as soon as it arrived. I sit down with a beer and set up 2 online poker tourneys, ready to continue some serious hanging loose and chilling.

At this point the Queen's parents arrive. Everyone exchanges pleasantries and I continue chilling. Although it can be slightly distracting to play good poker like this, I have been itching to play because I just finished moving and missed a week of internet access due to gross monopolies of electric, phone & cable in FL. Anyway, as soon as I start playing, Queen Succubus tells me " Go help my father with the table". When she said that, I turned to her and shot her a look.
- If I were Superman, I would've burned her with my x-ray vision.
- If I were Bulls-eye, 2 knives would have flown out of my hands instinctively.

Personally, I hate arguing, esp in front of parental units. So, what do you think I did??
Exit chilling stage right. Enter door 2, gross work. To make matters worse, she proceeds to play my games while I work, and does good. I mean, I appreciate that she is covering for me, but I really wanted to kick ass. UURRGGGHH!!! Eventually, we finish an hour later. Its now about 3PM and the dream is dead. They are now putting up these blinds to cover this thin slit of window in our new front door so no one can peer in and see me walking around in my naked glory. I play for 15 minutes and lose, playing really bad. Great, this particular tourney was decently big and I can't even make the second break. So much for peace and fucking relaxation. To make matter worse, there is now a problem putting up the blinds and I'm out of beer. FUCK THAT. BEER RUN....

Ultimately, I get back home and they are gone. Some time has passed and it is now 6:30PM. My desktop keyboard broke (I guess) and I have posted this whole shit with my defective laptop, you know the one with the o button that doesn't work. Call me Joe cut and paste.
Yeah, welcome to my life. Like I said, intially, I had a dream.....

No comments:

Post a Comment