Monday, January 26, 2009

Hurry, hurry, step right up.....

So the other day my wife asks me if I think it would be a good idea to take our son to Ringling Bros & Barnum Bailey Circus for his one year birthday this March, as the circus will be in town. Personally, I can not see how a one year old will enjoy the circus, he just is not old enough yet--I could be wrong, after all, what the fuck do I know---but I bet he will enjoy it as much as seeing the crappy NJ Nets.....and at least I like to see the Nets. So I tell her that I do not think it would be a good idea and I explain to her my reasons. So that's that.

Not really.

About 30 minutes later she calls me over by the computer and tells me she can get second row tickets for seventy bucks. That's $70 each, and that's before all of the bullshit ticketmaster charges, so we are likely talking a number just north of $150. Then she asks, "Should I buy these right now?"
Dear God(or any other fictional being from the heavens), please give me the strength.
She knows the answer, but she is asking me again. In fact, she went searching for the tickets after she asked and knew my opinion was that this was not a good idea. Why even bother asking me? Asking me would insinuate that my answer matters......when clearly.......it...does........not.

Bottom line is this: she wants to do this and thinks it's a good idea. I am beaten down, well-trained, an enabler, and I know that my opinion matters little when she thinks differently. So do I battle her with my logic, create a fuss, and ask her why she is searching for tickets when she knew I did not think it was a good idea or do I give it my blessing in an effort to bring peace to the home.

Call me a wimp, call me what you will.....but I hope the elephants do not shit too close to me.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I can't wait to hear about the actual circus trip in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the cicus and your kid.... feels like deja vu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your kid doesn't freak out when the Clowns come out. That would be fucked up to have spent 450.00 for a 30 minute show.

    ReplyDelete