Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ticket please...

So I am a huge sports fan, and while my wife may hate me, she actually likes sports--and that's works out well for us. Ever since our son was born(a mere 10 months ago) going to sporting events has become a bit trickier......but in the last two weeks, I have gone to the Meadowlands twice to see my crappy NJ Nets with my wife and son.

The first time we went, everything went fairly well except having to park near Giant Stadium---making it a big trek to the Izod Arena(not that I am used to calling it the Izod Arena....honestly, I still refer to it as Brendan Byrne, which was a couple of names ago). The fucking arena is only 60% full and they send us to Giant Stadium to park??? What the fuck! Anyway, my son behaved, we had a good time, and the Nets even won and Beyonce brought some friends. I did have the long trek back to the car, in freezing weather, while carrying my wrapped and bundled up son, but I left enjoying the experience. Very cool.

Now on to my second visit: we do not get there as early, but yet we can park near the arena(and they seemed to have a bigger crowd, so who the fuck can guess at the parking logic)---great start as we zip right in to the arena. As we are showing are tickets to get in, the ticket collecter that puts the red light over the barcode of the ticket says to me:

"Anything one day or more needs a ticket."

I say: "What?" she says: "Anything one day or more needs a ticket."

Not understanding what the fuck she is talking about, I say: "What do you mean, if 'what' is one day or more?"

She replies, "The baby, if the baby is one day or more, he needs a ticket."

You fucking cunt of a woman. She uses the word 'anything' to refer to my son! My son is not a thing!

Part of any incompetence in public I deal with also includes me keeping my wife calm. She tends to flip out with incompetent workers like this ticket-collecting bitch. I think the best way get things resolved is to stay calm and reason with people(most of the time). Now if this ticket-collecting idiot would have said that everyone needs a ticket, that's one thing, but she actually feels that a newborn of less than 24 hours might come to an event.....fucking idiot.

So I say, "Older than one day? So if my wife would have gone through labor today, my son would be allowed in without a ticket?"

After a blank look and a pause she says, "Those are rules." My wife screams, "Those are NOT the rules, the rules state anyone 24 months and younger are allowed in without a ticket!"

Ticket-collecting whore smugly says, "That's for Disney events."

Wife rips back, "That's for ALL Izod events!" Ticket-bitch, not giving a shit, says, "Then you need a supervisor."

Quote from the Izod Center website:

AGE POLICY For ALL events at IZOD CENTER, patrons who are 2 years of age or older must have a valid ticket to gain admission.

My wife is on the warpath. She had checked the website and knew the info, she knew we did not need a ticket for our son.....her gun was loaded. In the next a couple of minutes(while trying to get a so called supervisor), we argued about her staying calm, while I told her to let me do the talking(that's me thinking reason would prevail). We speak to a couple of people, no one knows the god damn rules. Un-fucking-believable. They have us wait, while different supervisor-types have conferences and mull our situation over. My wife was spewing venom as we were waiting, while I was telling her to stay calm and act reasonable.

One guy ends up coming over and says, "Sir, you should enter through the other entrance....your seats are closer to that entrance." None of them knew the rules, so they told me to use a different ticket-collector. Pathetic, but we go right on through. So we sent an email the next day to let them know how shitty their employees are.......but that will be another post as that saga is ongoing.

Oh, and the Nets lost this time......and Beyonce was not there.

2 comments:

  1. Uffa. Besides the freezing cold part, that would be so typical in South Florida. It's bad enough she doesn't know the rules to her extremely simple job, but to think that if you where less than 24 hours old it would be ok to enter is short bus material.People never cease to amaze me.

    "Izod Center??". That's another set of words a man cannot say without sounding gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fucking ticket monkeys are all the same bro, dumb ignorant, incompetent fucks!!! The fact that you have walked half a mile in the freezing cold and this bitch has to give you a hard time, makes you wanna punch her right in the fucking mouth. You are 100% right, a fucking cunt!!!

    ReplyDelete