Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ode To Booze or Daddy's Littlle Helper


So yes, the Happy Misenthrope has been MIA for the better part of the week. Suffice it to say life has been rough.

But I'm here to post two items to edify the community at large.

First off, I offer a quick endorsement of Lucid Absinthe. If you're like the Happy Misenthrope, alcohol is a regular accessory to your daily rigors. Therefore, let me point you to Absinthe. Yes, Absinthe, the mysterious drink associated with crazed artists, foggy streets, and hallucinatory tales. It's the drink that Edgar Allen Poe was so fond of, that supposedly made Van Gogh cut off his ear (not really), and that Johnny Depp's character in From Hell drank copious amounts of. And man, oh man, does it have my ringing endorsement. Now, let me tell you something, Absinthe isn't going to make you walk on water or see visions; it's fantastical traits are greatly exaggerated. Having said that, it's an exquisite drink. At 180 proof, it packs quite the kick. It's got a neat ritual of water, sugar, and spoons attached to it, and it gives a buzz like no other. And get this, no hangover. That's right, I'll say it again. I've drank quite a bit of Absinthe and have at times over indulged, and I have to say, the following morning I've woken up clean as a whistle. At $65 a pop, it's not cheap, but unless you're an absolute degenerate, it's going to last you a while. I'm quite the lush and a bottle last me a 2-3 weeks. Besides, if you're a grown man with a decent job you can afford to pay a little more for your vices. Would you rather get a blowjob from some crack whore or get with some smoking High Society Call Girl? Yea, thought so. Lucid Absinthe is your High Society Call Girl.

So there you go.

Next item on the agenda is this little diddy from the New York Times lovingly praising alcohol. Since alcohol so often gets a bad rep with all the talk of under age drinking and alcoholism and those damn prudes, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, trying to bring back Prohibition, I'm just glad to see a major media outlet flat out praise boozing that I had to post a link.

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. I can only second that ringing endorsement.Five Stars form Robotman. I keep a bottle in hand myself. It's very weed-like in it's ritual and the two go great together. Absinthe had been illegal longer than weed, 1907 vs 1937, so hopefully it doesn't take as long for weed to be legal as I will be an old fuck. Great fucking post HM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The other day I was reading in the newspaper about the horrors associated with drinking.....I am telling you, from now on, no more newspaper reading."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, don't forget about DAMM....Drunks Against Mad Mothers.

    ReplyDelete